Power House Rowing Club is a competitive, successful, and inclusive club. Regardless of age or experience, there is a place for you within our squads. Our aim in training is to continuously improve each rower and crew’s skill and fitness, enjoy the sport, and ensure we are competitive within the regattas we enter.
PHRC has a dedicated Head Coach, who attends each formal training session. Additionally, coaching is also conducted by squad volunteers with extensive rowing experience. Each session (both on water and off water) are carefully devised and personalised to ensure members are meeting training goals. Members are strongly encouraged to follow the squad training program.
We are often short of coxes, a very valuable asset to our club. If you are interested in coxing at PHRC, please get in touch.
Training is conducted in Mens and Womens squads. During racing season, each
squad has three formal on water training sessions per week, two off-water strength and conditioning sessions, and optional Sunday morning rowing. All on water sessions are coached. Attendance is subject to member availability.
- On water: Tuesday morning and Wednesday evening, Saturday morning (alternating 7am and 9am)
- Off water: Tuesday and Thursday evening (or as desired)
- Optional: Monday evening
- On water: Tuesday evening and Thursday morning, Saturday morning (alternating 7am and 9am)
- Off water: Monday and Wednesday evening (or as desired)
- Optional: Thursday evening